Brad’s October Cumulative Update
As it turns out… everybody needs a CU, not just the ole SharePoint! 🙂
While I may not have posted on my personal blog in a little while, I have been a busy beaver putting out some thought provoking content in other places. So, feel free to peruse the links below to those items (ranging from how-to’s to an analyst webinar on using workflow to improve customer experiences (CX) and even thoughts on the explosion of the cloud scene).
Migrating Lotus Notes Databases to SharePoint [Video]
Still using Lotus Notes? Interested in Migrating to SharePoint? Watch (Dean Virag) interview Brad Orluk to learn more about why companies are wanting to migrate away from Lotus Notes, obstacles in migrating form Lotus Notes, tools to help migrate, and so much more..
Linkin’ Tasks or How to Get That Pesky Task Item URL [Blog Post]
In this post I cover how to grab task details and surface them on an item level form during the execution of a Nintex workflow. It’s a handy trick that opens myriad possibilities around task management.
Cloud Computing: Past, Present and Future [Blog Post]
In this post I briefly cover the history of the
#cloud, why it is so important and, interestingly, where’s it going.
Process Automation Tools Fuel Your Digital Transformation [Webinar]
Enterprises today have a common problem: a platform that slows down processes and disconnects line-of-business operators from IT. “It’s a platform that will eventually burn up around you,” Brad Orluk, technical evangelist at Nintex. Orluk made his comments during a recent CMSWire webinar sponsored by Nintex, “How Intelligent Workflows Power…
Omni-Channel Customer Experience: How to Drive Best-in-Class Results [Webinar]
Customer experience is rapidly becoming the primary source of differentiation in today’s economy. Businesses that truly understand their buyers and address their needs across multiple channels outpace competitors by a significant margin.
I’m planning on writing up a post in a few weeks on my thoughts around Microsoft Ignite and where I can see workflow, SharePoint, Office 365 and collaboration going, through the Microsoft lens, over the next year or so. Stay tuned!
Questions about BPA (business process automation) or workflow? Well then, we can help!
When it comes to automating business processes or even just evaluating a business process to determine if it should be automated, my counterpart (the venerable Vadim Tabakman) and I are often asked; How do I perform X action? What if I want to pass Y data along to a specific person or system? Whenever I get a widget order, I want to make Z happen but only when / if A, G and M have occurred, how do I do that?
Well the answer to those burning questions and any others related to how you can leverage Nintex Workflow to solve these business challenges can be yours for the low, low price of 60 minutes of your day!
Just go ahead and click on the image or link below to submit a question and sign up for our Ask the Experts webinar where we will be answering your questions next week during the live webinar!
New Release of Nintex Forms!
Hot on the heels of the release of new versions of Nintex Workflow 2013, the Forms team has put the finishing touches on the newest version of Nintex Forms 2013! This release is bringing along a slew of new functionality, some of which I’m particularly excited about; validation rules (in addition the formatting rules), multiple file attachment controls (no need to create links back to your files stored in various locations!) and a SharePoint profile lookup runtime function.
Below is a list of new features as well as links to the download.
Nintex Forms 2013 v2.3.1
- Validation Rules: Validation can now be specified as a rule using runtime functions and references to values of other controls and variables. Note that this functionality supports client-side validation only.
- Multiple Attachment Controls: Forms can include multiple attachment controls that store different attachments. Associations with different attachment controls are maintained. Default attachment control can be designated to collect any unassociated attachments.
- User profile lookup function: New runtime function userProfileLookup () can be used to return information about a user from the SharePoint User Profile service. This can be used in calculated value controls, for variables or formatting and validation rules. The SharePoint User Profile must be operational in your environment for this feature to work.
- People control and Multi-line text control now available to be referenced in runtime expressions (Calculated Values, Rules, Variables)
- Support for External Data control in Nintex Mobile App layouts. (This functionality requires the latest version of Nintex Mobile (version 2.3) on the device to operate so visit your devices app store and update today!)
- Additional items are outlined in the below release notes.